Norton Customer Service
Norton Security is a software created by Symantec which gives multi-OS and Multi-device protection. It gives real-time defense against viruses, malware, cyber threats etc. It secures and guards user’s private and financial information when they buy or sell stuff online through advanced security algorithms. The Norton security encompasses a worldwide intelligence network which is comprised of customers who are always watching out for potential threats. And because of this, the software deploys automatic updates to users to securely protect them. With this antivirus software, freelancers and businessmen can also scale up as they need. This is made possible through the software’s flexible upgrade options. If you would like to get a detailed look on the workings of this software, then you may call the 24 hours, toll-free Norton customer support number.
Norton Antivirus Features
Apart from protecting the PC and essential files, Norton has many different traits or features each of which is responsible for the smooth operation of the PC and also for the enhanced security of the computer. Some of the hallmark features of Norton Antivirus are:
- Real-time watchdog: This antivirus feature works from behind the curtains and it ensures the protection of the computer against external threats, viruses, and malware even when it is left untouched by the user.
- Faster threat identification: This feature detects and removes threats before it latches on to the system and causes
- Multi-platform security: This software is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Android devices. Which means that it makes it easier for those who operate using different devices and operating systems as it protects and safeguards the devices from threats regardless of the platform.
- App download protection: It ensures that apps are properly scrutinized or scanned before the users can download it to protect the user from downloading infected and suspicious applications.
- Safe online transactions: While processing online transactions, this feature of the Norton antivirus ensures that the user’s financial details are safe and secured from the eyes of cybercriminals. It has encryption feature and advanced protected algorithms that ensure safe online transactions.
Common Issues with Norton Antivirus
The popularity of Norton Antivirus is plagued by traces of problems and issues here and there that causes a lot of inconvenience and stress to its users. It can be argued that Norton is one of the best antivirus software out there in the market. But customers also shouldn’t turn a blind eye towards the problems that surface after installation of this antivirus software. Some of the main issues or glitches that are found in Norton Antivirus are:
- Downloading and installation issues with Norton Antivirus software.
- Norton update and uninstallation issues.
- The issue with Norton not scanning the computer.
- Unable to access the internet and install other software with the installation of Norton.
- Computer performance issues after installing Norton software.
- Repairing issues and pop up issues with Norton Antivirus.
- Issues with Norton antivirus errors like 8505, 8506 etc.
- Issues with Norton antivirus error 8504.
- Norton 360 is scanning the computer very slow.
- Compatibility issues with Norton antivirus software.
- Norton software configuration and set up issues.
- Issues with Norton blocking my email addresses.
These are some of the widespread and commonly occurring Norton antivirus issues that customers face on a daily basis. If you ever come across such problems then you can contact Norton helpline number to get help from technical experts who are available round the clock.
Frequently Asked Questions
To install Norton security to your computer, follow these steps below:
- Go to your Norton account and log in with your username and password.
- When prompted, choose either ‘install on this device’ or ‘install on another device’.
- Click on the ‘agree and download’ button.
- After downloading, go to the ‘downloads’ folder and run the ‘Norton downloader’ program on your computer and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation.
If you haven’t received your product key and you want to retrieve it, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Log in to your Norton Account.
- Search for the ‘devices’ option and click on it.
- Under this find the device for which you need the product key and copy it. It can also be accessed through the ‘services’ tab.
If you want to get access to your internet while Norton is running, you can follow the steps below:
- Click on the Norton icon.
- Go to settings and select ‘firewall’.
- Turn off the firewall and close the application.
To troubleshoot this issue you can try the following steps:
- Uninstall the Norton antivirus software and download it again.
- Run the software file and install it again.
- Do a test run to see if it’s working normally.