Norton Antivirus is prominently efficient software which is well compatible with Windows 10. Norton does not support Windows 10 builds, apart from that the users would not have to encounter errors or bugs while using Norton on Windows 10. There are times when the users of Norton Antivirus come across specific issues while using the software on Windows 10. At such a situation the best option that the user would have is to connect with Norton customer support number, where they can get the best suitable solutions for solving the errors.
Some Frequent Norton Errors Faced by Users are:
1. Upgraded to Windows 10, but cannot find Norton
When you encounter an issue where you cannot find Norton after upgrading to windows 10 then the steps that you must take to troubleshoot this issue is as given below:
- Firstly, download the Norton’s, Fix Tool.
- Now right click on the exe. File and then run it as administrator.
- You would then receive a window informing you that an updated version of Norton has been installed on your system.
- Further, click on Next and then follow the on-screen instruction.
2. Upgraded to Windows 10, and Norton won’t launch
When you face this issue, the best option that you would have to rectify this issue is as given below:
- You would have to download Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Double click the tool’s icon and then accept the license conditions.
- Now click on Remove & Reinstall option and then press ‘Continue.’
- Once the process is complete, opt for the option of ‘Restart Now.’
- Once the reboot is complete, follow the information that you would receive on-screen to reinstall your Norton Antivirus software.
3. Encountering Error 8506,421 and 3039,65559
When you face the error 8506,421 and 3039,65559, you can take up simple steps to troubleshoot this error. The steps to be followed are:
- The first thing that you should do is restart your computer.
- Now run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool and follow the instructions that are given to you on-screen to remove the antivirus from your system. Once you successfully uninstall the software, reinstall it.
- Now check whether the issue has been rectified.
- If not then download and run Norton Power Eraser:
1. Double tap on the NPE.exe file.
2. Then click on ‘Yes or Continue,’ now you would receive a license agreement to which you would have to agree.
3. Further, in the Norton Power Eraser window, choose the option of ‘Unwanted Application Scan.’
4. When the scan completes, you will get the results on the screen.
5. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then follow all the information that is given on screen.
6. After all the above-given steps, restart your system.
4. Encountering Error 8505,129
This is an error which is related to the proxy settings; you can rectify this error using the following ways:
- In the search bar, enter ‘Internet Options.’
- Now in the window of Internet options, go to Connections Tab and then select LAN settings.
- In the LAN settings box, ensure that none of the Proxy server boxes have been selected.
- Click on OK to apply the changes made.
5. Configure network connection settings on Windows
- Go to the option of Network and Sharing Center.
- Now right click the Active network adapter and opt for the option of properties.
- In the window that opens, go to ‘This connection uses the following items’ and press on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) or Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- Now click on properties.
- In the favored DNS server and Alternate DNS server boxes, type the two Norton ConnectSafe IP addresses.
- Preferred DNS: 220.127.116.11
- Alternate DNS: 18.104.22.168
- Click on OK
- If this action doesn’t solve the issue, then scan the system with Norton Power Eraser.
If you are unable to solve the issue using the steps mentioned above then, you would have to take assistance from Norton helpline number. The professionals here would guide you through accurate ways to solve this issue.