It is an ongoing debate on whether we can say for certain if the internet is a boon or a bane. It is true that it has made the world a smaller place and it has enabled people to stay connected even when far apart but there are also grave risks involved. Hackers are constantly active and working to steal the personal data of users for their own benefit. That is why it is important to take precautions while working on the internet. AVG Internet Security is among the most popular internet security software available today. You can call the AVG customer service number to know more about their amazing products and features.
What is an AVG Firewall?
AVG Internet Security is an all-in-one software. It protects your device from spyware, hackers, viruses and a host of other online threats. An important feature of AVG Internet Security is a firewall. A firewall is basically a security system that uses pre-installed “rules” to check and regulate the incoming and outgoing traffic on your system. It acts as a barrier and has the ability to block external threats to your computer.
Steps to Disable a Firewall in AVG Internet Security
Although the firewall is meant to keep your system safe, the only drawback is that sometimes a firewall may halt access to the internet even if the program is legitimate. In this case, it is necessary to disable the firewall so that the program can run smoothly. You may have to also disable the firewall when you are attempting to troubleshoot connectivity issues.
You can follow the steps mentioned below to disable the firewall –
- Open the Start menu, search for “AVG Internet Security” and open the program.
- Look for the “Firewall” tab. Next, to the Firewall Mode, you will see an option to ‘Change’.
- You should see a button with some text next to that read “Turn firewall protection off (not recommended).” Click on this button.
- The program will ask you to confirm this action, click “OK” and disable the firewall.
- Once you are done with your work do not forget to switch the firewall back on. Open the AVG Internet Security program and go to the Firewall screen.
- From the given options, click on the button that reads “Automatic Mode (Recommended)” so that the firewall is up and running again.
You should also keep in mind that the steps mentioned above may vary depending on which operating system you are using and which version of AVG Internet Security is active. If you have trouble disabling the firewall or if you cannot enable the firewall again you should contact AVG technical support soon so as to avoid unnecessary exposure to online threats. Every moment your firewall is down is a chance for hackers to steal your data. That is why a team of trained technicians is available 24 hours a day to help you sort out any issue you may have with AVG Internet Security.